Monday, April 24, 2017

Ravelle Jakarta

Wow, it felt like years already since the last time I went for cafe hoping around Gading area. Yes, since I moved to Serpong, the 'Gading' area I usually went was only Gading Serpong instead of Kelapa Gading LOL. OK, pardon my not-so-funny (or perhaps not-funny-at-all) jokes, and let's see where we're heading to. 




Ravelle, a newly opened cafe, offering combination of Western and Asian menu. Coming to the venue early in the morning just right after going to church, I guessed I became their very first guest on this day. I was beyond excited as I could take pictures at their Instagenic corners freely giggling. 



Talking about Instagenic, the place was basically carrying that recently hype monochromatic concept - white and grey combined with wooden brown. The spot at the back was unquestionably the one I picked, having transparent glass ceiling yet not warm at all; a cozy spot with perfect lighting!








The real outdoor one was located at the from yet could only be reached from the door inside the venue. It was all covered with green leaves, perhaps to give fresher air to beat the heat from the sun light. 




Ravelle Benedict (IDR 65k)



Say hello to my favorite brunch menu, Eggs Benedict! Well, I was already unable to count how many types of Eggs Bennie I've tried from different restaurants as I almost always went for it every time it came to the moment to choose which brunch menu to go for. Enough talking about my Eggs Bennie journey, so here it was, my savory dish finally landed on the dining table. The service was gladly pretty quick though I had to admit that the plating was not to that stunning level that could make you drooled. 



Do shoo away your imagination of seductive runny egg yolk as you wouldn't be able to meet it. I was quite disappointed with this fact yet I had to admit that the color of the yolk was alluring. The thick slices of honey glazed bacon were the happiness I found in this dish particularly because they're flavorful and they came in generous portion. If only the hollandaise sauce could be less thick and less sweet, I guessed the combination of ingredients brought out by this dish would turn out more tantalizing. Not to forget, the toast that became the base part where all other components lied on, which for me was the one to be highlighted as I loved how moist the texture was, and how indulging the aroma and the milk flavor it delivered in each bite. 

Banoffee (IDR 35k)



Following my rule of thumb, sweets should always come after savory ones, and that's what happened as the Banoffee came after the Eggs Benedict. This round-shaped biscuit crust, topped with salted caramel, banana, and whipped cream, was such simple delicacy. Being served quite thin, it was a relatively light dessert to refresh your palate upon having the salty dish. It flawlessly blended soft cream and fresh fruits with crunchy and yummy tart base. 

Cappuccino (IDR 30k)
Piccolo (IDR 30k)
I wasn't sure if the two cups were using same or different beans since I've had a sip from each and they did taste quite different, and what I meant here was the coffee flavor in it, nothing related with the milk composition. The Cappuccino was surprisingly more acidic than the Piccolo. When my taste bud called out that the Cappuccino wasn't my cup of coffee, the Piccolo spoke different language as it suited my liking very well. It successfully gave that tantalizing scent of freshly brewed coffee and was only slightly acidic; exactly the cup I'd been wishing for when I stepped into the venue. 


For a brand new comer, the brunch presented by Ravelle today was simply a pleasant one. In the end I could only say 'Never get bored of continuous improvement and I certainly wish you all the best' :).


Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10



Thanks for reading! :)


RAVELLE
Address: Jl. Pelepah Elok I Blok QA2 No. 6, Kelapa Gading, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 822 9818 8778
Operating Hours: Wed - Mon 8am - 9pm, Tue closed


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment