Saturday, April 22, 2017

Shelter Bali, The Home to Healthy Dishes

Despite that it was called as Shelter, my honest view didn't think from any perspective that its look represented a shelter. But yeah, let's stop there as appearance might matter, but surely not everything when we're talking about dining spots. 




Located at the area that I would call as one of Bali's most-dense one for cafe population, Seminyak, Shelter's as expected a very crowded one with almost full-occupancy at all times. Sometimes I saw the guests even had to queue for awhile to be able to get vacant seats. 

To be exact, it was actually residing at a small alley, which could be accessed through the main road of Seminyak called Drupadi, taking over the second floor of Nalu Bowls outlet. The venue looked 'so Bali' with those green plants hanging on the walls, sitting on the tables, as well as standing all over the corners. The walls were covered with not only paintings but also frames, writing funny statements which were mostly facts at the same time. It simply made you feel like going back to the nature and making you realizing the reality simultaneously. 





There were quite many waiters and waitresses to serve the abundant guests as well, but I was quite disappointed that the service actually took a bit too long. Some of them were indeed nice and friendly, being quite responsive when I repetitively asked about my order, yet some were indeed quite rude, just being ignorant to the requests. So there I was satisfying myself with the complimentary free-flow infused water while waiting for my order which seemed to take forever to prepare. 






To stuff my hungry tummy, oops let me revised as it should be hungry sight and hungry thought since I had non-stop dining session from the morning so it's impossible to be hungry actually, I finally ordered their Choco Chip Cookie (IDR 15k), put on the table. I was initially in doubt if I should have it yet this waiting time made me gave up and went for it. Its giant size with giant chocolate chips as well were too tempting to resist. It's not the soft type one with gooey chocolate filling, but it gave that delectable taste that any chocolate lover would fall for. Sold at IDR 15k only, you had no reason but to try it :)

Choco Chip Cookie (IDR 15k)
Having the option to order the smoothie bowl from Nalu Bowls as well, we chose to try Shelter's as I'd had Nalu's before as well. This Shelter Granola (IDR 55k) basically consisted of vanilla yoghurt mixed with raspberry reduction, banana slices, strawberries, almonds, coconut flakes, dried berries, spices, and surely granola. It's my fault that I neither asked nor read the menu thoroughly in prior to ordering to completely know what're the components mixed in the bowl. I actually wanted to order the one with more refreshing base, yet ended up having yoghurt one. I didn't say it's not good, it's actually a decent one with combination of sour taste from the yoghurt and sweet taste originally coming from the sliced fruits. Just that I was in demand for something refreshing making me wishing to have it at least served cold. Looked quite small, this bowl was actually pretty fulfilling which you might realize only by the time you finished the whole portion. 

Shelter Granola (IDR 55k)
Done with the bowl, the next turn belonged to Sunny Boy Island (IDR 35k). Please don't get confused with the name as I would surely share the components with you. Blending aloe vera, cucumber, green apple, lime, and its major component - coconut water, this glass was such healthy thirst-quencher. As you might have expected, the green apple and lime made it slightly sour than sweet, which for me was perfect to have in dry weather. 

Sunny Boy Island (IDR 35k)
In a nutshell, I had my own way to conclude why this cafe should be called shelter. For me it's a decent place to stop by and comfort yourself with the dishes which're doubtlessly good for your body, and simultaneously indulging for your palate.



Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 6.5/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


SHELTER
Address: Jl. Drupadi No. 2A, Seminyak, Bali
Phone: (+62) 8133 7706 471
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 6pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment