Saturday, July 15, 2017

Contain Coffee, where Everything Features Coffee

Just like what you've just read, the blog post will definitely contain coffee, as I'll be soon sharing about this coffee shop residing at West Jakarta area. Taking place at Arjuna, it's only 5-minute away from the long-standing Taman Anggrek mall. 


First arrived, I feel kinda tricked by the huge parking space as it somehow creates the thinking that this must be a huge-sized coffee shop. Nonetheless, coming into the venue, I figure out it isn't that gigantic one like my estimation. However, the coziness is still there with quite minimalist design as the place is mainly white. 

Contain Coffee seems not want to be exempted as well from the trend of having iconic spot inside the coffee shop, the point everyone hunts for pictures, for either self-collection only or simply to follow the hype. What I mean is the white 'statement wall' you'll directly bump into, once you enter the venue. Simple sentence, yet somehow true for the life of any coffee lovers. 



As you might have expected, since there are quite abundant universities around this area, the coffee shop's indeed quite packed of guests, whom in my guesstimate are students. People are mostly working or studying rather than simply chit-chating over coffee. It might be a challenge when you come at the peak time, since the number of seats provided are actually quite limited as the tables are mostly for small groups. Leaving quite much of the spaces empty, I'm not sure if they do have back-up tables for busy times, or they simply want to create more roomy ambience within the venue itself. 




Some individual outdoor seats are also there, mainly to serve the smokers in my view. The reason being is that they're just one line of bench, which isn't that comfortable for you to occupy when you're coming with some friends, simply like how to chat when you're lining up in a straight line. Facing the main road in front of the coffee shop, this makes Contain Coffee another one to serve the people-watching experience. 


Aligned with the cafe's capacity, the dishes offered are limited to light bites and pastries, both the savory and the sweet ones. I guess the selections won't be the same every time as it depends on the stock and the visit timing. Moreover, apparently those coffee companions are not coming from the house. 

Chicken and Vegetable Pastry
I start from the salty one as usual, to ensure the coffee time has a sweet ending, both literally and implicitly (if you get what I mean ;) ). Seems to reflect the name 'light bites', the size is indeed relatively small, which I don't really mind as that allows me to avoid my tummy from getting bloated and I can also try more variants, especially the price does justify! 


The buttery smell of the flaky pastry has been so enticing even since it's being re-heated, as it spreads throughout the surrounding area of the microwave. When it comes to the real tasting, the scent proves its integrity as the golden brown pastry does end up delicious on the palate. Well, it indeed isn't like the best ever, but definitely not a bad one, and the quite generous stuffing is also well-seasoned. Good start ;)

Canele


Midi-sized I assume? Well, bluntly speaking my benchmark for Canele in Jakarta is always Sophie Authentic's. The best is always Sadaharu Aoki's, but I do have to be realistic that I won't fly to Tokyo just for Canele lol. OK back to the topic, I thought this one isn't as small as the common petite version, yet isn't as big as the general one as well. Appearance wise it does look similar to my fave so I can't wait to try to prove the taste! Taking my first bite, my taste bud does demand more fragrant aroma from this tiny sweets, nonetheless talking about taste, it's quite a pleasant one. 

Cappuccino (IDR 30k)


Since the opening has mentioned that this will contain coffee, finally we come to the awaited part, for which I opt for Hot Cappuccino. It's overall pretty decent with medium body level and very low acidity. Nothing in particular I'll highlight as the distinctive point from the cup, but nothing to complain about at the same time. 


Shortly, Contain Coffee does carry out a nice stop, especially for people buzzing around this area. Much improvement can still be done, but it's worthy to try :)


Taste: 7/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


CONTAIN COFFEE
Address: Jl. Arjuna Utara No. 32, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 878 8425 7328
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 9am - 9pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment