Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Yumaju Bandung

Sounds so nationalistic? That's what exactly I was thinking when my friend mentioned this coffee shop's name to be listed in our places to go in Bandung. For Indonesians, you should have understood the meaning of the phrase, 'YUMAJU', the stimulus to go forward for something better - a very positive and motivating term. 





Indeed, the founder apparently wanted to call out that nationalist soul in each person, just reminding everyone that we're still 'one family' that's expected to lead for a better nation. Besides, it can also be translated as self-motivation to aim higher and reach something bigger. 



Residing in a house-alike space, Yumaju wasn't a gigantic coffee shop with fancy interior and that sort of things. It's a humbly designed one, mainly themed with white, with a mini coffee bar next to the entrance and some seats occupying its surroundings. At the front spot, there were also some tables for those who wanted to sit outside. The capacity might be not big, yet overall it's a quite comfortable space for meeting over coffee. 





The menu served was mainly coffee, with some pastries and traditional cakes to pair your caffeine doze. There were main courses, but with very limited selections. Anyway, I didn't mind as the place was indeed more suitable to go for something light only in my view, having that casual ambiance. 


Mulberry Chiffon Cake (IDR 14k)


As I wanted my coffee to have its companion, I asked for the barista's recommendation on what I should opt for. He came up with this uncommon one, Mulberry Chiffon cake. Perhaps you might think it's just chiffon cake, which was something so general. Nonetheless, Mulberry flavor? Well I guessed I'd never met it before. Thus, no further concern raised from my side and I simply followed the suggestion. The cake was light and airy, making it a nice one if you preferred something 'easy'. Moreover, as it featured Mulberry, it's not overly sweet and even more to slightly sour. The only request I might have was I preferred it to be less dry. 

Something Curious in July (IDR 45k)


If you realized, it's not only the cafe's name which raised people's curiosity, but seemed like the beverage name led to the same thing as well, and even in its name, it did mention the word 'curious' LOL. What a coincidence! If you wondered what it actually was, you needn't worry as I would be telling you right here right now. 


Basically, it was a set of 2 hot cappuccino, using different blends, one presented Aceh Gayo while the other brought Toraja. For coffee lovers, you might have known they were both Arabica. Despite that both suited my palate as they had quite strong body, the Toraja one hitched me stronger with its sweet and spiced flavor that naturally came from the beans, making the acidity level was lower as well. Furthermore, I did think that it had cleaner after-taste, though I wouldn't say that the Aceh one wasn't smooth. This 'couple' was such great deal as I could try both beans at more affordable price. 


Having said that, I was enchanted to find another nice option for coffee in Bandung. If you love coffee the way I do, then I recommend you to give it a try :)


Taste: 7/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


YUMAJU
Address: Jl. Maulana Yusuf No. 10, Bandung
Phone: (+62) 856 0349 7297
Operating Hours: Mon - Fri 7am - 10pm, Sat - Sun 7am - 11pm


Find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment