Saturday, December 23, 2017

Ronna Cakes

I couldn’t really tell why, but the moment I spotted the setting and the appearance of the cake shop, I somehow got the impression of going to Mom’s kitchen. It felt so homey with mostly homemade cakes being the products offered. A petite bakery with lovely ambiance that could get the guests feel comfortable right away without offering anything too much. 




On the walls you could spot the family pictures, looking happy and some what expressing the warmth of the togetherness. Everything might look simple but yeah, I couldn’t deny how I found myself sitting on the couch in relax and ain’t gonna move an inch. 
  


From the tiny space of the dining area, you could already tell that they did focus more on serving takeaway orders. While enjoying my cakes, I could spot guests coming in, picking up their choices of bread, pastries, and cakes then took them home. Not few did make bulky purchases. Yeah, I did admit that most items came in highly affordable prices and perhaps that’s the key driver. 




Despite Ronna did provide many of the basic sweets, which were mostly all-time favorites like simple soft cakes, spikoe, lapis legit, and traditional doughnuts; they did tap the latest hype. Cakes like Mocha Nougat, Cheesecakes, and many of a kind were there sitting beautifully in the showcase. I’d just figured out that they’d been in the industry for quite long time, but they used to do online one only before this physical store was finally there. Cakes with complicated decoration have been their daily doze and receiving order-by-request have been their breakfast. 





Mocha Nougat Cake (IDR 22.5k)


Thanks to the nice attendant who has helped me a lot in making my final pick on what to have. I was in the mood for cakes at that time and she assisted me by explaining each of those available cakes, including calling out the most loved ones. My first pick fell to the cake currently sitting on top of the trending topic chart, Mocha Nougat! Yeah, it’s like literally everyone starting to serve their own version. Some were outstanding with their own innovation, but not few were like nice-try. 


Bluntly speaking, Ronna’s version was okay-ish for me, despite the spongecake was slightly too dry. Nevertheless, the layers in between were lovely, precisely coming as the sweet element complementing the whole cake. The nougat layer that served as the coating was not bad, but I would say it hadn’t beaten some of my favorite versions. Perhaps crunchier texture would cure? ;)

Lemon Cheesecake (IDR 22.5k)


Moving to the creamier one, the infamous cheesecake, one of my biggest crush among the dessert family. This one wasn’t that mainstream as it added the hint of lemon, including the orange peel. I loved how this simple cake crafted the balance between sweet and sour; a refreshing slice coming in soft and not overly creamy texture, preventing you from getting nauseated. The crumbly base was lovely as it flawlessly added extra line on the texture portfolio. 

Hot Teh Tarik (IDR 12k)


First time I spotted this drink on the menu, I could already tell it would surely be the instant one as the price did explain. Knowing this, I wouldn’t comment much as you might have known how it tasted. For me who did love the instant Teh Tarik, I didn’t mind it and the cup still became good companion for my cakes. 


If you happened to stroll around Gading Serpong, Ronna was worthy to try. You might even just stop-by and take away their bread or pastries besides the cakes.


Taste: 7/10
Place: 6.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10



Thanks for reading! :)


RONNA CAKES
Address: Ruko Golden 8 Blok K No. 32, Jl Ki Hajar Dewantara Gading Serpong, Tangerang
Phone: (+62 21) 2222 9341 / (+62) 822 1000 5885
Operating Hours: Mon - Sat 7am - 7.30pm, Sun 9am - 7.30pm


Find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment