Monday, January 8, 2018

Smoothopia, Another Smoothies Heaven in Town

Anyone wanna make any wild guess which type of place it would be? Yeah, I thought that ‘smooth’ in the Smoothopia highlighted it clear enough, the home to smoothie bowls and smoothies drink. 


As colorful as the fruits were, that would be the way I represented the petite venue residing at a hook behind Ara hotel at Gading Serpong. It played with the smooth tone and abstract combination of shapes, but the joint colors flawlessly delivered the cheerful and fresh ambiance. 





I was impressed by the front corner right after the entrance, which looked like a perfect minimalist living room for me. Unfortunately it’s pretty busy at my time of visit as someone’s having a photoshoot. Nonetheless, I surely didn’t miss to capture it regardless the hectic view. 



Though the space was quite limited, the setting was efficient enough with individual seating facing the window and several tables attached to the wall. Nevertheless, if you came in big group, it might be quite cumbersome as all tables were only for 2. 


 
The menu offered was so focused that they only served mainly smoothie-based foods and drinks. The names were mostly ear-catchy, such as Will You Berry Me, She Cai Yes, and many more. 



Nutty Job (IDR 47k)
For my premiere trial, I surely picked my number one flavor for smoothie bowl, anything containing peanut butter. Luckily the attendant told me in prior that the actual bowl wouldn’t turn out as in the picture since the toppings given would be only banana, granola, and coconut flakes though the picture on the menu showed strawberry and seeds as well. 


The fact made me decided to add additional joy to my bowl to transform it into a total satisfaction. My pick was the set of 1 fruit 2 seeds, for which there were several choices namely strawberry, kiwi, peach and pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed respectively. I ordered the first from fruit options and the first couple from seeds selections. Woooww! Now my bowl looked like a very rich one when presented on the table. 

When I first got exposed to this healthy food, I underestimated it by thinking the size was kind of mine, which was typically small in others’ eyes. But it’s right that you’d better try finishing it before judging as it’s actually fulfilling for average tummy size I believed. I was grateful that I picked milk as the base solution to my bowl as it made me the overall smoothie turned out smooth and creamy in an indulging way. You could have the other options like apple juice which was free as the milk, or added IDR 3k for soy milk or yakult as the substitute. For first timer, I recommended milk, which I believed your palate would be pretty familiar with. Yeppp, apple did sound peculiar and I bet it would be on my second. I guessed the texture would then be slightly thinner and prolly more into refreshing one. 


The bowl was perfectly executed that everything came in the right doze, creating a wonderful balance in texture and taste. I could get the crunchy toppings of fruits and seeds well-complemented the blend of banana, cacao, and peanut butter. As always, my big crush, mr peanut never failed to spoil my taste bud. Overall, this bowl did deserve the price tag attached to it, both in terms of quality and quantity!

Granola Bar (IDR 15k for 3)


Packaged in small plastic pack and put next to the cashier, this was surely a tiny-sized snack which could create huge temptation for someone fancying sweet light-bites too much, as my self. Well, trying to make my self justification, I tried to tell my brain that it’s healthy one so I felt less sinful despite my bowl could fill my tummy to its full capacity. This little trio wasn’t bad at all, being crispy and not overly sweet, besides the combination put together was just like my preference with dried fruits and seeds! Less worry on the hips (winking). 


In a nutshell I was quite sad that the place was pretty hidden that many people might not notice it, even I myself found it from Instagram and never aware of its existence despite it’s been there for quite some time. This was surely a treasure for those demanding for healthier lifestyle, realized through better nutrition intake. So let’s spread out to the happy news!


Taste: 8/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


SMOOTHOPIA
Address: Ruko Neo Arcade A33, Jl Lilin Utara II, Gading Serpong, Tangerang
Phone: (+62) 8122 894 9998
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 10am - 10pm


Find me on:


No comments:

Post a Comment