Sunday, February 11, 2018

Pison Coffee, from the Heavenly Island to the Metropolitan City

WELCOMEEEEE! That’s prolly one of the best words I could give when initially knowing Pison is in J-town! For you who’ve been to Bali and who’ve visited Pison’s headquarter there, I bet you would definitely be as excited as I was hearing this great news. Yesss, it’s one of my number-one recommendation for anyone visiting Bali and now I was way beyond happy knowing that I needn’t have to pass 2 airports before being able to sip my favorite caffeine!!





Taking place at Kertanegara, Pison seemed to put its feet right at the center of the crowd, one of Jakarta’s most-wanted area for cafe-hoping and dining. As expected, the venue’s packed of people even at early in the morning. Not only the youngsters, many of the guests were also families including the elders. 

The interior made me able to recall and felt like being in Bali’s pison. I guessed it’s the signature red bricks, brown-dominated design, and dim-lighting which together formed the specific characters of Pison. Feeling like the ‘home’ to my big caffeine crush was welcoming me back!








Not being too spacious, the place came in 3 floors, with the second one was more like a mezzanine, only occupying half of the space. The third wasn’t a full-one as well, and was intentionally made an open-air one to serve the smokers. Nevertheless, despite you got the seat at the first floor, you could still enjoy your dining session under the clear blue sky as they covered the building with glass ceiling and windows. 






Making my brunch today a perfect one, the menu offered here was mostly similar to the one in Bali, particularly the coffee-based ones. Honestly speaking, I’d never tried any of their brunch menus before so there I was as a first-timer for the main courses. 

Ultimate Bacon Maple French Toast (IDR 65k)


Initially desiring to go for something savory like Eggs Benedict or Bacon & Eggs Roll, yet unfortunately neither of them were available. Yeah, I finally had no option but to go for this one which came at the third place in my brain for what-to-try. As simple as the name indicated, it’s literally bacon on top of stacks of french toast, complemented with a drizzle of maple syrup. 



Shortly said, a simple, classic, and lovable dish. Nothing went too much, but nothing surprised me as well. It’s quite pleasant with the fluffy, buttery, and milky bread being perfectly toasted. The combination of sweetness from the main carbo and the savory from the bacon toppings were simply indulging. 

Key Lime Pie (IDR 40k)


Not yet getting the complete satisfaction for my sweet tooth, I opted for the next sweets. Sadly I only had one option, the one and only available from several choices provided on the dessert menu, Key Lime Pie! Quite pricey for this kinda petite size, but luckily the taste paid the pennies spent. A moist slice of sweetness with a twist of citrus flavor, making it a right choice for those who wasn’t that much into heavy dessert. The crumble-tart base on the bottom? Well, no need to explain too much, yum yummm!

Iced Caramel Macchiato (IDR 45k)


Finally *drumroll*, the best part of the dining set, my never-to-be-missed menu from Pison every time I went to Bali. If you just thought about the one you usually had in one of the well-known global coffee chains, and imagined Pison’s would be something similar, oowww better shoo that mindset away. For me this one was like the next level of Caramel Macchiato with every single element being flawless yet combined together complementing each other too well. 


That deconstructed appearance when it’s initially landed on the table made it look so tempting! Broken layers of caramel, coffee, milk, and another milk in the form of ice cubes, LOVESTRUCK! Blend them together, and give it a sip, you would get the balanced mix of bold coffee and sweet caramel. Oh dear iced coffee, could you just be my morning daily mate??


Having had the short yet indulging brunch at Pison, I am now already looking forward to having the upcoming ones especially with many of those I wanna try being missing in this premiere visit of the Jakarta outlet. So see you again real soon!



Taste: 8/10


Place: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7/10


Thanks for reading! :)


PISON COFFEE
Address: Jl. Kertanegara No. 70, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 817 4177 444
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 10pm


Find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment